I recognize the sensitive nature of your personal financial information and I want to protect your privacy at all times. I want you to understand what information I collect about you and how I use this information.
In serving your needs, it is important to have accurate information about you. Therefore, when you apply for an annuity, I collect information from you. The type of information requested includes information such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and social insurance number. I receive this information from you on your annuity inquiry or application.
We will not disclose your private information to any organization, affiliated or nonaffiliated, unless this disclosure:
- is necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction, service, or inquiry initiated by you;
- is necessary to facilitate or consummate our business transactions with third parties;
- In cases where information is shared with insuance companies that perform services on our behalf, the information provided is limited to the information they need to perform their function. These companies are also required to maintain the security and confidentiality of the information provided and use it only to perform the specified service on our behalf;
- Since I do not share information with third parties, beyond what I have disclosed above, it follows that I do not offer you an opportunity to opt out of this sharing.
We are also committed to the electronic privacy of our clients. As such, our office uses e-Courier to allow the transfer of files safely and securely.
e-Courier provides the following benefits:
- It allows the ability to encrypt messages and files transmitted over the internet without the need to install software.
- You will receive proof of delivery to notify you that your message and/or documents are received by us.
- Each message is set with an expiry date which will delete the message after a specific timeframe.
I take steps to safeguard customer information. I maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your customer information against unauthorized access. I also take appropriate corrective action when needed to enforce employee compliance with our procedures with respect to the privacy of client information. I may also ask you for personal information in order to verify your identity when you request assistance from me.